Two months in and we are almost through with summer!
There are a lot of things coming up and in motion right now:
- Renovation of small kitchen and adding MORE Draft Taps!
- Working on revamping communication platforms to keep members informed (newsletter, upcoming events, etc. )
- FREE Veteran Fishing trip – Sept. 11, 7:00 am, Lake Lavon – Little Ridge Park
There was A LOT of information put out at the district meeting:
- Changes to Texas Law and handicapped placards. BLUF – If you can register your vehicle and get new placards by December 1, do so. After it will require a notarized doctors note. (Roanoke has notaries that can help.)
- If you know a Veteran in need of a Motorized Wheelchair , Refrigerator , or Oven , give the persons information to one of the Post Officers.
- SCHOLARSHIPS Let Friends, Families, and Teachers know about Patriots Pen and Voice of Democracy . Submissions are due to the Post by October 31st.
- Entry Forms:
Post 2150 teamed up with Farmersville Post, Operation Homefront, RayVets, Honda Financials Services, and Daughters of the American Revolution and handed out nearly 100 backpacks filled with school supplies to Veteran’s and their families. It was an amazing event and thank to everyone that helped with Back-to-School Brigade.
Next meeting is September 13 at 1830 (6:30pm).
Please review the handouts and flyers in the newsletter.
Annual members please ensure your membership is current.
Lastly, thank you all for your service to this country and The Lone Star Post. None of this is possible without your dedication and commitment.
Seth Norton, Commander
Lone Star Post 2150
Hello Brothers and Sisters in the Auxiliary,
On Sept. 11, 2001, America was forever changed. That tragic day, which served as a true test of the American spirit, will be remembered always.
We observe Patriot Day and all that it represents—we honor the value of life, those we loved and lost, our country’s resilience, and the strength of the American spirit. We commemorate those who we lost and give thanks to the brave first responders who put their lives on the line.
The enduring power of the Sept. 11 attacks is clear: An overwhelming share of Americans who are old enough to recall the day remember where they were and what they were doing when they heard the news. Yet an ever-growing number of Americans have no personal memory of that day, either because they were too young or not yet born.
Take a moment today to consider what we stand for as a nation and how we can work together to make the world a better place for all.
Please Support our Newsletter Sponsors Below
Entertainment & Food Schedule
Cheese Steak Night
Other Post Information
All-U-Can-Eat Catfish Dinner
(3rd Friday of each Month)
- $20 All-you-can-eat, or $15 single plate
Steaks Platters (Ribeyes ) – $15.00
Saving Coupons for Veterans Families
We have been asked to save coupons from our newspaper inserts, etc., to be distributed to families of current and former veterans. It would help if you can cut them out, but if not, just bring in the entire insert. Give them to the person working the cantina. Please contact Tobi Viles for additional information.
Monthly Post Meetings
Monthly Post Meetings will be held on the 2nd Monday of each month at 6:30 PM. Following the meeting, members may purchase a hamburger and fries for $3.
Community Service Reports
Please report all community service activities to Howie Haugh for input into the VFW State website to ensure the Post receives proper credit. You can e-mail all the pertinent details to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring them to the monthly post meetings. If you have any questions contact Howie by email or phone (813) 966-5179
Welcome new and transferred members. We are pleased you have chosen The Lone Star Post 2150 as your home post.